While you’re at it, why not spend a night there?
Physics 101: Water Displacement
Step on a crack, fall two hundred feet.
#submission #tattoo. Godfather theme don’t by rob bonhomme
“Yeah, guys, let’s not invite Grace to any more parties.”
I really hope this book is just 300 pages of toilet paper.
I don’t think the Pope knows you can see who he’s following on Twitter.
A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, he wordlessly picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.
The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.
The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full.. The students responded with a unanimous ‘yes.’
The professor then produced two Beers from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar effectively filling the empty space between the sand.The students laughed..
‘Now,’ said the professor as the laughter subsided, ‘I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things—-your family, your children, your health, your friends and your favorite passions—-and if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full. The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house and your car.. The sand is everything else—-the small stuff.
‘If you put the sand into the jar first,’ he continued, ‘there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life.
If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff you will never have room for the things that are important to you.
Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness.
Spend time with your children. Spend time with your parents. Visit with grandparents. Take your spouse out to dinner. Play another 18. There will always be time to clean the house and mow the lawn.
Take care of the golf balls first—-the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.
One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the Beer represented. The professor smiled and said, ‘I’m glad you asked.’ The Beer just shows you that no matter how full your life may seem, there’s always room for a couple of Beers with a friend.
Send September out in style with these amazing links!
5 Reasons Obama May Have Lost The Debate On Purpose
by Chuck McCarthy
I am not some crazy conspiracy theorist, but I used to play a lot of chess back in the day, and when I see a weak move made by a strong player, I start looking for reasons why, because most of the time the weak move is made on purpose as part of a larger strategy.
Sure, you might be wondering if I am giving Barack Obama a little too much credit, but I don’t like to underestimate driven Harvard Lawyer President of the United States of America types, especially when it comes to debating and public speaking.
1. UNDERDOG - Obama has always been the underdog or perceived underdog in most of his battles. I don’t think he knows how to run as a winner. Plus, he knows that most American right now can identify better with the underdog. Why not let Romney pound his face in in front of 67 million people? He has had every Republican pundit and politician slamming him for the last 4 years. The movie is called Rocky not Apollo, because Rocky is the one we are rooting for. Obama was probably hoping that Mitt would say or do something really cocky, and picking on Jim Lehrer and Big Bird was pretty good.
2. FIRED UP - Sure it’s great to have a surrogate like Sam Jackson telling people to, “Wake the fuck up,” but nothing really engages diehard fans, followers, and supporters like the real threat of losing. Being on top leads to complacency, but Obama wasn’t the only one getting picked on and pushed around on stage in that debate. Every single diehard Obama supporter was taking those punches, but instead of polite and presidential behavior, they let loose a firestorm of Tweets, emails, Facebook posts, and threw the kitchen sink out the window in the hopes of hitting a Republican in the head.
3. INTERNET & FACTS - Debates are still important, but they have been vastly changed by the internet. No longer is it just all about who sounds the most believable, or who can spin things and evade questions the best. Sure we get to watch them talk, see how they interact, see who is more stately- more presidential, but they can’t just lay down a line of bullshit, hop on their donkey and trot off to the next town. Those days are long gone. Every number they cite, every position they take, every statement they make is going to be fact checked immediately and spread through the blogosphere. Obama bet on Romney still not fully understanding the role of the Internet and social media in the political process… and if you count up the half truths and lies told by both sides, he definitely came out ahead.
4. INDEPENDENTS - Obama also bet on Romney not understanding the undecided and Independent voters. Most undecided voters are very distrusting of politicians and skeptical of the whole process. They are basically just waiting for one or the other of the candidates to lose there trust utterly and completely. They are searching for facts for reasons to NOT vote for one or the other, more so than looking for reasons to vote, and guess what, yeah, these people are on the Internet. These undecided and Independent voters are on the internet trying to find reasons to completely not trust someone, and right about now, the fact checkers are giving them just those reasons not to trust Mitt Romney.
5. MONEY - Republicans have tried to paint Obama as a Communist or Socialist over and over. They accuse him of wanting to redistribute wealth. Maybe they are right and maybe he has realized that the redistribution of money here in America really only happens during election season, when rich donors throw millions of dollars into advertising to try to buy votes. Obama’s campaign has raised more money than Mitt Romney’s and spent more money. Republican Super PACs have out spent Democrat Super PACs, but Obama needed Mitt Romney himself to raise more money from rich people and spend more money, because Obama doesn’t want Romney’s people to be able to paint him as trying to buy the campaign by outspending him in the closing month of battle, at least not by as much as he is right now. Plus, that money goes back into the U.S. economy… stimulating… it… and… maybe… creating… more… jobs.
I hope the donations for Romney from the rich keep pouring in!
Page 1 of 12